Welcome to your Saturday night binge and activity (because who needs Netflix and chill?). Even adults think it’s that good. Why we didn’t think of adding Fruit Pebbles into rice krispie bars earlier, I don’t know. It’s sheer brilliance. You’re welcome in advance.
These are gooey, colorful, marshmallowy, crispy, and so addicting that half the pan was gone before I realized. A bit of salt balances everything out for the perfect happy rainbow treat.
I think this recipe was born from the fact that I didn’t grow up eating sugar cereals. Or shall we say sugar with a smidge of cereal? My mom never bought Fruity Pebbles, as far I can remember, so let’s call this my act of rebellion. They’re so easy to whip together. If you don’t want to turn on the stove, use the microwave. If you want to mix it up, choose a different favorite cereal of yours. Go wild and add in chocolate chips.
I’m telling you, these are freaking ridiculous! It’s definitely not a genius recipe, or revolutionary. In fact, it might seem typical. But you need to make it. They’re adult tested, adult approved. Oh, oops, and kid approved too.
Fruity Pebble Marshmallow Fluff Treats
½ stick (¼ cup) butter
1 (16 ounce) container marshmallow fluff
3 ½ cups Rice Krispies cereal
2 – 2 ½ cups Fruity Pebbles cereal, or other cereal of choice, plus extra for sprinkling on top
¼ – ½ teaspoon kosher salt
Large handful mini marshmallows, optional
Chocolate chips, optional
- Spray a 9×13-inch pan with cooking spray.
- In a large saucepan over medium heat, melt the butter. Gently stir in the marshmallow fluff and allow to fully melt. Keep stirring until totally incorporated, then remove from the heat.
- Stir in the cereals and salt until the cereal is completely coated.
- Add marshmallows and/or chocolate chips, if using.
- Spread the mixture into the prepared pan and press down firmly. Sprinkle with remaining Fruity Pebbles.
- Refrigerate for 1 hour to set, then slice into bars