This is a really warm, hearty, feel good recipe. The kind of comfort food that gets us through hard times. It may not be that glam looking (let’s be honest, it’s pretty bougie), but it hits the spot every time.
We grew up with this dish.
Heck, Mom even made it in the toaster oven!
Experiment with some vegetables inside the potatoes, go crazy with the cheese, make it your own.
You won’t regret it.
Twice Baked Cheesy Overstuffed Potatoes
3 large Idaho potatoes, scrubbed and dried
2 tablespoons butter
½ cup sour cream
¼ cup whole milk
1 teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon black pepper
¾ cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat the oven to 375ºF. Poke holes in the potatoes and place on a baking sheet. Bake for 60-70 minutes, until fork tender.
- Let cool for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, mix together the butter, sour cream, milk, salt, and pepper.
- Slice the potatoes in half lengthwise. Scoop out most of the flesh into the bowl of sour cream mixture. Mix to combine.
- Distribute evenly between the potato skins. Top with cheddar cheese. Return to the oven for 10 minutes, until the cheese is melted and crispy.
- Serve topped with chives.